Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectInput shaft bearing/seal
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6752
6752, Input shaft bearing/seal
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever replaced their input shaft/seal assemply (1-piece). I'm doin it tomorrow, and assume it's pretty straight-forward, and there are no special tools needed. If there are, let me know! Btw, damn thing is expensive from Satan- as is everything.
6753, RE: Input shaft bearing/seal
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Curious myself. I gotta do one on one of my tranny's. I had an extra bellhousing and removal was not fun. I'm sure there is another technique.

What price glory for the seal etc.?
6754, RE: Input shaft bearing/seal
~$90 damn high for a little bearing and seal. May be able to just rebuild the sleeve, with bearings and seal that are $15 and $5...
6755, RE: Input shaft bearing/seal
Well I'm goin at it - and good news is that the old bearing assy just pressed right out, used a 1 1/4 socket as a spacer. Have yet to put new one in, degreasing the whole bellhousing at the moment. Now I gotta gut the gears and weld a small hole/crack on the main housing... fun fun.
6757, RE: Input shaft bearing/seal
FYI finished trans yesterday - and pressing it in was very easy, also. Used a 3/4" -drive huge socket as a spacer to go over the sleeve, but a small pipe or something would work just as well. A hyd press is recommended, but I suppose you could hammer it in, just make SURE it's aligned or you'll bend the bend the bearing housing.
I generated this page in 0.0094480514526367 seconds, executing 7 queries.