Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Pedal is adjustable
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=663&mesg_id=702
702, RE: Pedal is adjustable
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The 95' neon flywheel and the SACHS pressure plate IIRC. Either the SACHS or the LUK, I can't remember which.

Yeah, I didn't mind the engagement point at the top either, but I got to thinking. What if the pressure plate is never really fully engaging or released because the TO bearing is applying a small amount of pressure without even applying pressure to the clutch pedal. Not a large amount or anything, and certainly not enough to prevent the flywheel from engaging the clutch disk, but just a little so as to encourage slippage under high HP situations, or enough to cause some lost efficiency for the pressure plate.

Hence, it was my goal, not to cause the engagement point to be dropped down to the stock-like position a few inches above the floor, but at least enough, so I'm convinced that the TO bearing isn't prematurely engaging the pressure plate before I want it to. I feel I've achieved that goal now through spacing out the slave cylinder about an inch and a half away from it's former mating point to the tranny. Now that I think about it, I could have used a shorter slave cylinder rod as was somewhat suggested by Bill. I'm just not that smart, I guess! :P
I generated this page in 0.010164022445679 seconds, executing 6 queries.