Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectInteresting $20 LSD R+D.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6571
6571, Interesting $20 LSD R+D.....
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thought I would share with you guys some interesting research on our "cousin" site. The OP is well known for "cross-pollenating" parts.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=292501&start=75

If I did not already have the ERT in there, I would definitely get involved in this. Curious.

Coincidentally, about a month ago, I helped a buddy change the S-clip out of a Mustang as part of an LSD upgrade. A bit of a bitch of a job, though.
6572, RE: Interesting $20 LSD R+D.....
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm all for trying new things, but God created clutch packs for a reason. Lubricated steel on steel won't offer much friction and making up for that with extra pressure will stress components beyond their design. If you are lucky, you will see a minor benefit and won't grenade your trans in 30,000 miles. If you aren't so lucky, you will see a major benefit all the way up until you get passed by your spider gear in the next lane. Hopefully, this is the just the first evolutionary step and we can expect to see improvements after trials and failures.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
6573, RE: Interesting $20 LSD R+D.....
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I understand the concern about metal on metal. I know it's a lot of reading between both posts, but if you read through the turbo dodge link, you will see multiple people who are running this set-up with no negative effects (but WITH positive results ;-). Claiming much better 60's). Some are claiming up to 4 years. If I was to do this and grenade at 30k (but still get better results out of it), I would consider that an experimental success to work on.

You can also see some people on that thread that alluded to the missing clutch packs. They talked about sourcing out carbon discs and machining to fit etc. That may be the part of the evolutionary process that you speak of.

Damn, the more I look at this, the more I want to try it with the 3.55 I have waiting in the wings.

6576, RE: Interesting $20 LSD R+D.....
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeeeah, I can't imagine myself putting that in my tranny.
I generated this page in 0.01424503326416 seconds, executing 7 queries.