Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectmanual trans problems.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6523
6523, manual trans problems.
Posted by joe eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok we just recently put in a transmission because my 2nd gear syncro went out. well im having problems with it it doesnt wanna go in 2nd like it acts like there isnt a gear there. and in 2nd and 4th like its not aligned right or something ne ideas?
6524, RE: manual trans problems.
Posted by talon749, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this needs to be in the trans section, but what fluid are you using mate, how long have you had the problem, and how old is the trans?
6525, RE: manual trans problems.
it has castrol they said it was the right stuff at the autoparts store its not syntetic. and the tranny has about 60k miles on it. and ever since we put it in its been doin that. which hasnt been long prob a week or so i havent been driving it because i need new tires anyways.
6526, RE: manual trans problems.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you didn't get it from a Dodge (or Mitsu) dealer and it didn't say "For the NV-T350" on it, it's not the right fluid.

Check the shift cables and the shifter and the trans, and put the right fluid in it.

Moved to the NV-T350 section.
6528, RE: manual trans problems.
Posted by talon749, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
if you didn't get it from a Dodge (or Mitsu) dealer and it didn't say "For the NV-T350" on it, it's not the right fluid. Check the shift cables and the shifter and the trans, and put the right fluid in it. Moved to the NV-T350 section.

you need to go to the dodge or mitsu dealer and get a couple quts of trans fluid for the "nvt-350" they will have it, I'm not quite sure on the exact amount but they will know, don't trust people at the auto parts stores.
6529, RE: manual trans problems.
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
to quote the past

"2 Quarts 2 Quarts 2 Quarts 2 Quarts 2 Quarts 2 Quarts 2 Quarts"

thank you
6530, RE: manual trans problems.
ok well it doesnt say nvt-350 anywhere on the bottle. would it make it do what i described? because i figured i would just need to adjust the cable a little but i dont have a clue how to adjust it.
6531, RE: manual trans problems.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They're not really adjustable. The cables are held in place by small U-clips and if one works loose, it will cause what you describe.

The wrong fluid in these transaxles can cause premature synchronizer wear and failure.
I generated this page in 0.014839887619019 seconds, executing 7 queries.