Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectAnyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6481
6481, Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by sadc, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I cant seem to find it...
6482, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by Styles., Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
searching is a wonderful thing

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7

Drain plug - almost in the center of the car - very close to the center member, on the driver side of the center member. It is facing the passenger side. It's the lowermost part of the tranny - the one bolt that doesn't look like it's holding the tranny together.

Fill plug - this is the bitch. But I found out how to do it from the top of the car (SO MUCH BETTER IMO) !!!! Take out your battery and plate that the battery sits on, unscrew and de-attach both the brake fluid reserve canister and windshield wiper fluid canister, and just slip them to the side (still attached to their respective tubing). Get on the driver side of the engine bay, and you have a good view of the tranny now. There is a rubber plug coming out of the tranny, facing you. Pull that bitch out by twisting as you pull (it's not screwed in and it's not threaded). Use a tube to fill in the tranny, and it will overflow and leak out - that's when you know you're at the correct level.

reverse light switch is a better place to fill it
6483, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dont use the fill plug. use the reverse switch hole.
6484, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by grain

QFT
6487, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by grain

Is it really that hard to get to? I just put my car on jackstands, pulled the wheel off, the reached in through the fender and pulled it out. Then I used some 1/2" tubing I have here and snaked it down past the battery and grabbed it from under the car.
6838, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by Ryan97EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
gunna bring this post back for the sake of humor.

It's in the MOST FUCKING INCONVENIENT PLACE IN THE ENGINE BAY THAT REQUIRES YOU TO BUY A STUPID TEN DOLLAR PUMP TO FILL THE BASTARD UP WITH!!!

Okay I hope more than myself gets a kick out of that, then again I have had a few beers.
6851, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ryan97EclipseRS
gunna bring this post back for the sake of humor. It's in the MOST FUCKING INCONVENIENT PLACE IN THE ENGINE BAY THAT REQUIRES YOU TO BUY A STUPID TEN DOLLAR PUMP TO FILL THE BASTARD UP WITH!!! Okay I hope more than myself gets a kick out of that, then again I have had a few beers.

That's why you use the reverse light switch hole.
6852, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Actually if you used a 10.00 pump then you have no creativity at all. The way transmissions have been filled for years by exerienced machanics is to take the nipple of the oil quart and use a length of 3/8 hose to fill the trans. NO trans in history has the fill plug in a convenient spot.

This is why the automotive industry is going downhill. When newbies started they told the old timers they didnt know shit so the old timers didnt teach the young shits anything.

Reverse sensors is easier.

To make getting the fill plug out, dont go through the hassle of removing the battery. Buy a set of Stork needle nose pliers (you will use them a lot) and reach in there with the tire off to pull the plug. If you pull the plug before filling through the reverse hole, it will fill faster.

Terry
6881, RE: Anyone know where the drain and refill bolt is for the transmission
Posted by 96eclipserst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LOLOL
I generated this page in 0.013535022735596 seconds, executing 7 queries.