Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjecttransmission mount rubber spacers??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6470
6470, transmission mount rubber spacers??
Posted by upincomin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, so I FINALLY found out my problem with clank clank clank. It WAS in the differential, got a newer tranny from a junkyard for about 500, it has 80K miles on it. About to put it all back in this weekend. While removing I noticed the rubber pieces to the mount on the right wheel well area were worn and weathered, infact one of them ripped free. My question is where to find those, I've looked online, can't find them, I go through partsamerica.com for parts because I have a Checker store nearby. They sell mount only, no rubber parts. Any ideas?? It was the only mount I removed that actually had the spacer pieces, the other two were mounts only. On this trans, it is the far right mount under the battery.
Thank you for your time.
6471, RE: transmission mount rubber spacers??
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not really needed
when i went to Prothane mounts, there is a wider lip that comes out furthere then the mount and would replace those pieces.
6472, RE: transmission mount rubber spacers??
dsmpatrs.com has the prothane inserts, it says they produce more vibration on the interior.. in your opintion, is it considerable vibration, or not enough to really notice the difference??
6474, RE: transmission mount rubber spacers??
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you replace all the mounts with prothane and have the AFX solid front mount then yeah its a pretty decent vibration.
and you will soon figure out where each and every squeak in your interior is :P
being performanced based i like the vibration and its really only noticable at idle.
so if your daily drive has a lot of sitting in trafic you may not like it though
6476, RE: transmission mount rubber spacers??
Well how about an alternative to these mounts then, I'm really wanting just stock, but I can't find them. I sit in traffic a LOT.. Wheneer I travel to Honalulu, Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, work in the morning in Wahiawa, really doesn't matter, get stuck in traffic ALL the time. So something stock would be perfect. I can change just this one, or since 3 of them mounts are unbolted right now for the trans, I could go ahead and get a full set.. Just point me in the right direction. Dsmparts.com has the prothane ones you've spoke of, but I need to get this car fixed asap. All remaining parts are coming in tomorrow, I'm bumming a ride to work this week, and I'm taking only 5 hours of sleep sat and sun, so HOPEFULLY I can have my car on Mon. I'm thinking I might just put my mounts back in withOUT the inserts/spacers, don't think I need them. P.S. I think up until now I was confused. Inserts make it stiffer, because they fill in the gap of your mounts. I'm talking about the other type, found only on ONE of my mounts. Theres the metal mount, the rubber absorber, and the bolt goes through the rubber part in the middle. WELL, there are two thin pieces the bolt ALSO goes through before the nut is on it, one on each side of the mount. Are THESE pieces even needed?? These have been the parts I'm talking about, those pieces that the inserts go into are fine, these are on the outside.
I wrote a lot, but I hope I cleared up any confusion
6475, RE: transmission mount rubber spacers??
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Having all four motor mounts installed makes my car feel like I'm in a vibrating chair. I got used to it. Other people hate it though.
I generated this page in 0.013014078140259 seconds, executing 7 queries.