Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectaxle question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=5748
5748, axle question
Posted by oMInOUs97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, simple question. Are the axle "housings" supposed to be almost touching the tranny or are they supposed to be spaced out a little? Mine are currently about 1/2" or so away. If what I have said makes sense, help would be greatly appreciated!
5749, RE: axle question
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They're always offset a little. Why would you WANT them to touch? Trying to polsih your axle seals?
5751, RE: axle question
Originally posted by DarkOne
They're always offset a little. Why would you WANT them to touch? Trying to polsih your axle seals?

Of course! I like my seals smooth and shiny! Seriously though, the reason I'm asking is because mine are about 1/2"-5/8" away and I just wanted to make sure that it was "normal". They both felt like they clicked in place.
5752, RE: axle question
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by oMInOUs97RS
Originally posted by DarkOne They're always offset a little. Why would you WANT them to touch? Trying to polsih your axle seals?
Of course! I like my seals smooth and shiny! Seriously though, the reason I'm asking is because mine are about 1/2"-5/8" away and I just wanted to make sure that it was "normal". They both felt like they clicked in place.

It's normal enough. They'll go in a tad further when the CVs compress, when it's back on the ground.
5753, RE: axle question
Cool, thanks. Well, now I can eliminate that as a possibile cause of the noise that I'm having.
I generated this page in 0.018596887588501 seconds, executing 7 queries.