Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectWhere to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=5742
5742, Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by GorkoRacing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been looking around and cant find anything with the search (as usual) but does anyone know where to get replacement bushings/bearings for the ends of the shift linkage cables where they attach to the tranny? In pulling my tranny I found that one of mine is eaten up and rotted out somehow. I know wickedesi has some on his talon but hes at work so I cant get ahold of him right now and would like to order them today if possible. Anyone got a link for me?
5743, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To my knowledge the bearing in Roller blade wheels are the same size. Or you can get a set off ebay for 10.00

Terry
5744, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AutoZone, HELP! section, windshield wiper motor mount bushings. Cut them in half, they're solid and the same OD as the ID of the cable eyelet.
5745, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
I'll pull out the bearings from my old rollerblades when I get home and if they dont fit i'll try dino's method. Thanks guys!!

Saw a guy on ebay selling them for $6.50 shipped for 2 bearing which looked to be roller blade bearings like Star said.
5769, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just for future verification, I used my old rollerblade bearings. Worked great.

MB
5775, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Yep that did the trick. I had some shitty old roller blades that i took 2 of the bearings out of. used a flat head to pry out the old rotted out bushing from one of the cables and pushed the roller blade bearing in. My other bushing is still in good order and didnt wanna come out and i stabbed the fuck outta my hand with the screwdriver so i called it a day lol. I'll get that bastard tho.
5781, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by XMasta19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone happen to have some extra rollerblades layin around by any chance?
5782, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
<----Raises hand
5783, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wonder if skateboard bearings for wheels work as well? I've got a million bearings like this at home.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185
5786, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Somebody needs to send me some then lol...mine are all fuckz0red. I guess I should install those symborski kit what nots that have been sitting in the bag for awhile too :shrug
5789, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Someone needs to shoot me an email then lol at apagano@jmmtlawfirm.com

I'll even spray em with some wd40 to get all the dirt outta em ;)

Shit yeah install that symborski kit it makes shifting much more fun :D
5790, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Casbon; Yes!

Xmasta; Shoot me an addy if you don't get them. I'll ship them to you in the mail.

MB
5791, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Originally posted by xcasbonx
I wonder if skateboard bearings for wheels work as well? I've got a million bearings like this at home. http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

If they are the right size they might work. Here's the ones that are being sold on ebay. Mine look just a little different but fit just fine

Thanks again Terry for the tip on these bearings!!
5812, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They look to be about the same. I still haven't tried fitting one in. If people need some shoot me a pm and I'll send some out.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185
5820, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Mine were shipped out :thumbsup
5821, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do these make any kind of improvement in shifting, or is it just a repair for those unfortunate enough to have lost the original bits?
5822, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Well I didn't actually lose mine, but I've read that over time replacing them is actually a nice help.
5855, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
I got mine in the mail last week along with some awesome install instructions :thumbsup What exactly are these washers you speak of though...I've removed the linkages many times and I don't think I have them :shrug
5856, RE: Where to get shift linkage bushings/bearings
Brian, I haven't noticed any difference in shifting. I have heard from others who claim it is much crisper. I did the mod on a couple of my cars because the rubber in the stock one get's torn, leaving slop.

X, as for the washers, they help with clearance of the cotter pin and it keeps the pin away from the movement of the shifter bearing. Someone has said they needed it for a shim. I didn't have that problem.

MB
I generated this page in 0.0098240375518799 seconds, executing 7 queries.