Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectCar having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=525
525, Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by Weezle745, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when driving home right now, the car wouldnt go into third gear, it was as if 3rd had disappeared. But instead 5th gear was third gear. When I pulled up to the driveway, the car wont go in reverse.

Please give me your input on what the problem could be and what to check for.
526, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
nobody?? i talked to a guy and he said it sounded like synchros went out. Any idea if he was correct?
527, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It wouldnt be a syncro. Sounds like a shift fork or something is up with the shift linkage on top of the tranny. I dunno man, that's a very odd problem.
528, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree. Truth of the matter is, the way the shift selector works on the T350, it's pretty much impossible to have a gear where it isn't supposed to be. See if your linkage is bound up at the top of the transaxle.
529, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
ok, yesterday my dad drove the car when i was gone and he said that all the gears worked except for reverse.

the shifter also feels kinda weird when the car is parked. Like when I move it left to right, it doesnt feel like it used to.
530, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Definately the linkage or fork. Shouldn't be too bad of a fix. Mikey had a problem shifting not too long ago, and he said it wasn't too difficult to resolve.

Just take apart the plastic panels between the seats, and everything is in pretty full view. I bet you'll be able to see the problem immediately. holla' if you need help!
531, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
ez, i took apart the center console (where the shifter, cupholder, and cigarate lighter is located). But i dont know what to look for. The car drove today in 1-5 gear but just wont go in reverse. What days do you work/go to school Erik? maybe we can meet up and you can show me.
thanks
532, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would be willing to bet that your problem is not under the center console. The shift linkage that I am talking about is under the battery tray on top of the tranny itself.
558, RE: Car having gearing problems (Need help please!)
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Matt may be right, but I'm not willing to bet on any of this ;-) I thought it may be inside the car b/c Mikey's prob was similar as I remember, and he fixed it by going behind the panels. But yea it's very possible it's actually on top of the tranny. It's a hassle to get to the top of the tranny though. Havta remove the battery and the wiper resevoir to get a good view.

I'll IM you my cell since I work during the week, and usually don't get out until suppertime. We can work on it over the weekend
I generated this page in 0.012809991836548 seconds, executing 7 queries.