Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectSpec Stage 3+
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4786
4786, Spec Stage 3+
Posted by BigRand, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay so I was looking in this forum, and saw that a lot of people were having trouble with there Spec stage 3 clutches. I was wondering if this was the case for the STAGE 3+ as well. I would just like to know if anyone has had problems with the STAGE 3+ or if they have good things to say about it.
Its the most expesive cltuch so I'm hoping it won't crap out on me.

Here is a link to Spec's website so you can see what I"m talking about

http://www.specclutch.com/
4789, RE: Spec Stage 3+
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i had a spec stage 3. took a crap at about 15k miles.

have a spec stage 5 in there now, and its doing good so far. but only 1k miles on it.
4790, RE: Spec Stage 3+
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The spec stage 3+ is so new you will just have to try it. basically its the same as the stage 4 old design.

Terry
4792, RE: Spec Stage 3+
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a Spec Stage 3+ (AKA Stage 3F). Here are some pics:

It is different than the old Stage 4 and Stage 3. It has full ferramic facings on both sides of the disk. The hub is sprung. The pressure plate is different than the older designs I've seen. The pressure plate is visually identical to the latest Clutchmasters Stage 4 pressure plate. The flywheel is billet steel (not a casting like the old model). I've put around 2k miles on the clutch and am very pleased with it. It grabs hard, but you can modulate it to give smooth engagement if you practice. It chattered when it was new, but most of that has dissapeared. It is supposed to give holding power of 595 ft/lbs with the feel of a standard Stage 3. We'll see how it holds up, but I am hopeful.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
4793, RE: Spec Stage 3+
Posted by BigRand, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks alot for the info. I really hope this one goes the distance, because I'm just about out of money for car stuff.

RANT:
Spent over 7g's this summer, now its time to enjoy what I spent, and hopefully everything will work right for a while, till I can save up again. I plan on keeeping this thing for as long as possible, and so a real daily driver is looking probable in the near future. Spend like $3000 to get a car I know will always run. My campus is huge at the UW and sometimes its nice to have a car, and I'm really missing it right now. My fat ass is getting some good excerise walking just about everywhere now, so there are some pluses, but I'd still rather have the car and have the option to walk.
I generated this page in 0.0094289779663086 seconds, executing 7 queries.