Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectinput shaft and the clutch
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4621
4621, input shaft and the clutch
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup guys.
I just installed my TOB and etc etc.
I do have 2 questions.

Do I have to put any grease/lubricate on the input shaft where it touches the clutch? (the gear like thing that goes into the clutch?)

Second is, where is the best place for me to get a slave cylinder for the clutch?
I believe it's best for me to replace it. any good and cheap places?
THanks all.
Gil
4622, RE: input shaft and the clutch
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have never greased the input shaft at the clutch itself. I did use grease on the shaft at the TOB, as well as greasing the TOB itself.

You can buy a replacement slave cylinder at Napa. I think mine ran about $70. Call a couple local parts shops like Napa, Checker, Autzone and and see what you can find on prices and availability.

Get that car running again, Gil! :thumbsup
4623, RE: input shaft and the clutch
Thanks alot!
I used Lithum Grease on the TOB and input shaft!
SO when you say you put grease on the TOB itself, you mean you pack it with grease?
COz I didn't do that, I only put grease on the input shaft where it meets the TOB.

Thank again man.

I hope for mid-July to get my car running again! (6 months down time)

Gil
4624, RE: input shaft and the clutch
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never greased a TOB nor an input shaft when reassembling my driveline. Ever.

The TOB is internally lubricated, it should never need to be greased or lubricated as along as it is installed correctly. The input shaft sleeve takes no load or stress and requires no lube for the TOB to move back and forth on it.

There is a limit to how anal you should be when reinstalling/rebuilding something.
4626, RE: input shaft and the clutch
Thanks Darkone.

I might sound crazy on all tiny little steps, but I really cannot afford to mess up anything.

Thank for your input man. Hopefully my eclipse will run again this weekend!
Gil
I generated this page in 0.012295007705688 seconds, executing 7 queries.