Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch restrictor mod question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=461
461, Clutch restrictor mod question
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does it make the pedal pressure harder? My pedal feels really weak all the time and i would like to stiffen it up a bit. Thanx.
468, RE: Clutch restrictor mod question
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is me, but i figure it would make the clutch lighter. in my theory, since your removing a restriction, the fluid will move freer through the piping, reducing pedal pressure since you have to push harder/apply more force to get large things through a smaller opening. i may be entirely wrong tho. the main advantage is the clutch grabs faster...they just put it in there for the average driver.
469, RE: Clutch restrictor mod question
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's what you do, total cost probably $25.

Do the clutch restrictor mod. and while you have the hose off at the slave cylinder, unbolt it from the hard line out of the master cylinder, and get rid of it.

Buy a SS Clutch Line (Road Race Engineering has then $20), no one else that I know of does. Install that, remove the restrictor, and get some new brake fluid and bleed the air out of the system.

Viola my clutch after this proceedure feels like a real clutch, like cable operated clutch I'm used to driving. Not the sloppy, anyone can drive a manual no feel clutch pedal.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
668, RE: Clutch restrictor mod question
Posted by daltah, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does the clutch restrictor mod give the clutch longer or shorter life?Also does it shift alot better than before you did it?
677, RE: Clutch restrictor mod question
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shouldn't effect clutch life either way, unless your clutch wasn't fully engaging before in which case you would slip a lot and then shorten the life.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
I generated this page in 0.017884969711304 seconds, executing 7 queries.