Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectleaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4458
4458, leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay.. i don't really want to go to all the trouble of taking out the tranny and splitting it into 2 pieces again if I don't have to, so my questio to you is this: It seems to be leaking where the two halfs meet, so could I just use some jb weld or something to seal it from the outside or do I have to take it apart and try to glue it again. I dunno.. I guess I'm just looking for an easy way out here. any suggestions? I don't have any way to pull the engine at the moment and I don't wanna have to wait too long to get this fixed.
4469, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well you could try. I persoally don't ever want to see another tube of that red sealer again.
4470, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
well you could try. I persoally don't ever want to see another tube of that red sealer again.

I've always used grey RTV and never had a leaking problem.
4474, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine did the same thing. Tried a few things to fix it but was unsuccesful. I had to drop it again and split it open seal the correct way.
4475, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
I've always used grey RTV and never had a leaking problem.

Instead of the anaerobic shit? This is interesting to know...
4477, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
before I realised it was my drain...I was about to clean it really good and use some silicone or that spray on rubber coating.

The problem is, if its leaking too fast, it wont have time to dry and then it wont "stick" to the metal.
4506, RE: leaking fluid - how should i reseal it?
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm.. well I guess I'll have no choice but to pull it and reseal it again.. damn it.. at this rate I'll never get this thing back on the road. I was hoping to finally get the turbo kit on and now I have this to worry about. blah.. So now which do I use.. RTV or the aneberic (sp?) stuff and where is the best place to buy it cause I know it took me forever to find that red stuff before. thanks guys.
I generated this page in 0.012753009796143 seconds, executing 7 queries.