Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4139
4139, Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay, all is good with my clutch so far...except for one small annoying detail: it disengages/engages at the floor...damn near litteraly. About an inch or less from the floor.

all the other "clutch adjustment" posts deals with the clutch engageing at the very top... how can i (if at all) make my engagement a bit more torwards the center of travel so i don't have to reach so far? (im short)

thanks
4143, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is a new one. I'm going to assume that the system is free of air so that is not causing the issue. The only solution that I can think of is getting a longer slave cylinder piston/rod.

This doesn't seem right to me though. Isn't V running the same clutch setup as you and I don't believe he's running into this issue. You may want to send him a PM to see where his clutch engagement point is.
4144, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by Eric, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It is the same thing, except u screw the bolt the other direction.

if u look where your clutch pedal comes up and hit, there is a bolt and 2 nuts. U want to losen the lock nut, which is the nut further away from the pedal. (It will be on pretty tight).

After you have the nut losened, you can turn the bolt. To have the clutch engage later in the release of the pedal, "screw in the bolt".

Don't forget to tighten the lock nut when your done.

4148, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Eric
It is the same thing, except u screw the bolt the other direction. if u look where your clutch pedal comes up and hit, there is a bolt and 2 nuts. U want to losen the lock nut, which is the nut further away from the pedal. (It will be on pretty tight). After you have the nut losened, you can turn the bolt. To have the clutch engage later in the release of the pedal, "screw in the bolt". Don't forget to tighten the lock nut when your done.

Are you talking about the pedal stop bolt? That doesn't do anything for your engagement point. Just how far you clutch pedal comes up. Obviously if you don't allow it to come up as far, it seems like you don't have to push the clutch to get it to engage but in reality the clutch just doesn't come up as far anymore so there is less travel in the clutch.

Thinking about this furter ... I can't remember but is there any adjustment on the master cylinder? It's been a while since I looked at it.
4153, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the DXDF rated at 500hp and engages like the stock one. I believe Tim has aluminum flywheel with the vr6 pressure plate.
4154, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Originally posted by DSMRoadster
I have the DXDF rated at 500hp and engages like the stock one. I believe Tim has aluminum flywheel with the vr6 pressure plate.

yes.
4155, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay,

this is how you do it, but your clutch pedal will be closer to you when this is done.

first you loosen the pedal stop bolt so the pedal moves up some.
then after that you adjust the clutch master cylinder shaft so that there is about 1/4 inch free play before you feel the shaft hit the piston in the master. Basically your pedal should have about 1/4 inch of up down movement before you feel pressure pushing back at you at the pedal. you must have this free play or you will pack up the clutch cylinder and the clutch will remain disengaged. Keep doing the above adjustments until you find an engagement point you like. Basically what this does is moves the clutch pedal more towards the driver, and this allows the pedal stroke to be increased moving more fluid from the master to the slave per stroke. My clutch was basically engaging 1/2 inch from the floor and was causing me not to be able to get into first gear at a stop. I readjusted it like this and now it works great
4156, RE: Clutch adjustment (not the usual problems) I SEARCHED!!!!!!
excellent! moochus grassy ass! now all i gota do is get the damn thing to fire.....
I generated this page in 0.015913963317871 seconds, executing 7 queries.