Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectmaster / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3698
3698, master / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Posted by pirotlord, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a new clutch installed about 6 mo ago.. a stage 2 non-modular that I got off ebay. About a week ago I was driving the car and it got to be pretty hard to disengage the clutch. I had to jam the pedal all the way to the floor after 2 days for the clutch to disengage. It sort of seemed like it got a bit harder to shift after the car ran for a bit too, and that the clutch pedal was vibrating a bit more then it usualy would (could be wrong). The faster I pushed the pedal the better it disengaged.

I checked slave and master for leaks and found none, the fluid was pretty mucky looking and nasty so I bled it with another person with some dot 4 synthetic... till it came out totaly clear looking and nice.

The slave also moves when someone presses the pedal. I am not sure if it is moving enougth, or fast enougth (nor do I know how I would tell). The clutch isn't slipping at all and once its engaged its fine.

So I guess my question would be is it my slave/mater or is it the clutch or pressure plate and what could I do to further diagnose this problem.

Thanks!
3699, RE: master / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you check for leaks on the inside, near the clutch pedal? That is where the majority of the master cylinders leak when they fail.
3705, RE: master / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Yep, checked there no leaks
3715, RE: master / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is your fluid level dropping at all?
3719, RE: master / slave cylinder going bad or clutch?
Originally posted by MCubed45
is your fluid level dropping at all?

I think it droped 1 little notch after I bled it and used it for a day... and it hasn't been droping right now while my car is appart (I am changing hg, doing engine work etc...).
I generated this page in 0.0090658664703369 seconds, executing 7 queries.