Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectSpec opinions...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3471
3471, Spec opinions...
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know that the moderators (well, one of them, at least) is groaning to see a post started by me here, but this one is serious.

I have seen a lot of opinions about the Spec clutch. I have only close secondhand experience with it, having helped with a couple of installs. I was far from impressed with it, as 1 out of the 2 installs that I participated in suffered a strange clutch failure before all that long. Maybe it was poor luck, but one strange failure is not reassuring.

I posted a list of links to some of the negative opinions on these clutches, so now I am looking for some unbiased firsthand experiences. I know that most of the people who post about a part do so after it dies a horrible death that often reaks of the expense of collateral damage (i.e. the Cartech).

Thanks!
3497, RE: Spec opinions...
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've installed 3 brand new Spec stage 3 clutches on 3 different cars. Let's just say they're all running ClutchMasters stage 4 now less than 6 months later. Something's not right about the Spec pressure plate. It would also slip chatter at the top of 2nd. Wierd clutch.
3521, RE: Spec opinions...
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
I know that the moderators (well, one of them, at least) is groaning to see a post started by me here, but this one is serious.

To whom are you refering... ...

I'm running the spec Stage 2 right now and she works nicely. Well see if she hold after my massive rescent oil leak, which some probably made it's way into the bellhousing.

I'm curious an any of the clutches that fail, no matter what brand, how the owners observed break in period.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy
3527, RE: Spec opinions...
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As for the break in period, I personally followed SPEC's instructions in the box... to a T.
3528, RE: Spec opinions...
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
doesn't the Spec use a Luk's pp?
3529, RE: Spec opinions...
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
spec stage 3 here. maybe about 4k miles on it. holding a good 350 lbs of torque. holds good.
I generated this page in 0.0084149837493896 seconds, executing 7 queries.