Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectIssue with clutch (pressure) MODS Please move to Manual Trans Section
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2945
2945, Issue with clutch (pressure) MODS Please move to Manual Trans Section
Posted by trickedeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having problems with my clutch, just wondering if any of you have experienced anything like this. I got a new clutch installed approximately 8,000 miles ago. Works like a champ, have never had any issues with it. It's just a factory clutch. I've been working on the interior of my car, so it's been sitting in the same spot for approximately 2 months now without being driven.

I went to start it up to move it today and to my surprise, I couldn't press the clutch pedal in. It seemed to be stuck. I pressed a little harder, and the pedal, with a lot of force, pressed to the floor. I kept pumping it and it got easier and easier. Almost too easy if you ask me. Now, with the clutch pedal fully pressed, I can't get into gear. There are no strange sounds, I can turn the car off and back on, but I just can't get the car into gear.

What's going on here??

2946, RE: Issue with clutch (pressure) MODS Please move to Manual Trans Section
Posted by trickedeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay, I just went out and played with it a little bit more and found that if I really press hard, the clutch disengages. The pedal only has "play" for about one inch near the floor otherwise it's dead, and light as a feather.

Normally I only have to push it in about an inch to disengage it.

I'm thinking something as simple as a clutch line bleed could fix this. It's dark and raining out there now so it's a little too late.
2947, RE: Issue with clutch (pressure) MODS Please move to Manual Trans Section
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you can get the car into gear when the car is off, but not when its on, then I would say that you have a leak that needs to be fixed and/or need to bleed the clutch.

Worse case is that you either need a new slave and/or master cylinder. Both of which are not too hard to replace.

Good luck
Jonathan

2948, RE: Issue with clutch (pressure) MODS Please move to Manual Trans Section
Posted by susk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by trickedeclipse
Okay, I just went out and played with it a little bit more and found that if I really press hard, the clutch disengages. The pedal only has "play" for about one inch near the floor otherwise it's dead, and light as a feather. Normally I only have to push it in about an inch to disengage it. I'm thinking something as simple as a clutch line bleed could fix this. It's dark and raining out there now so it's a little too late.

Before you start replacing the slave and what not, check for leaks. Ive had the same problem except mine only does that when its really really cold out. After I bleed the clutch its perfect. The slave is to the bottom right of your exhaust manifold, the master is near the clutch pedal. If you need to be able to drive it to teh shop pump the clutch in between gears so your not fuckin up your syncros..
I generated this page in 0.013033151626587 seconds, executing 7 queries.