Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch issues... please help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2839
2839, Clutch issues... please help
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's acting like the clutch hydaulic system just needs bled and it's getting worse as time goes on. It's bled clean, though... and I can't figure it out. BTW- I'm using a Spec stage 3 clutch and throw out bearing.

It's bad first thing in the morning and I have a real hard time getting it into gear. The car starts moving slightly as I push it into gear. So I just pump it a bunch and rev it and finally it goes in. It's real rough the first few minutes and sometimes I have to put it in neutral, pump it up, and floor the clutch pedal hard and push it into gear hard.

It does this for all gears and the clutch starts grabbing even when the pedal is all the way to the floor. Usually I drive it the high RPM ranges and it'll fall right into gear when the motor/sychro's mesh so it's not that bad when I get going. Still, it grinds all gears often.

Every once in a while it'll shift great and the clutch seems to be fully engaging and disengaging, but that doesn't last but 20 seconds. Also, often it is tough getting it into gear but not so bad and while the clutch pedal is steady on the floor, I'll put it into gear and back out over and over and it'll get harder and harder to get into gear until it won't go in at all and I need to pump it a couple times.

I'm thinking slave or master cylinder, but ofcoarse I'll talk myself into any problem if it means the throw-out bearing is fine. I shudder at the thought of pulling the tranny.

Any thoughts guys?

* pardon the strange desciption and everything, I'm just a little stoned... where's the BLUNT smily anyway? :+
I generated this page in 0.016968965530396 seconds, executing 7 queries.