Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjecttranny pops out of gear
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2833
2833, tranny pops out of gear
Posted by Patroklai, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
guys, my car will go into neutral anywhere about 3.5k-4k+ RPMS any time im in 4rth gear.

i check out this link here http://people.ku.edu/~jessen/nut/nut.html

talked about 5fth gear popping out on FWD cars.
trannys have similar logic and i saw a similar fix for shifter movement on Vfac.com

i have shifter movement in 3rd.. and a lil' bit on 2nd.
not on fifth nor first. but 4rth pops out.

wil this be the fix? thanks.
2834, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Patroklai
gtrannys have similar logic

That's where you're wrong. They are talking about a completely different transaxle ina completely different drivetrain. There is no nut to tighten in a T350.

If you're popping out of gear, you either have debbris in the syncro dog teeth, or the dog teeth are worn to the point they can no longer hold the gear.

2838, RE: tranny pops out of gear
so we are talking about a syncro replacement?
2840, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by JWoodley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes. I had the same problem, but with 5th. First I would buy a shifter bushing replacement kit....
2846, RE: tranny pops out of gear
cool, thanks.
did you ever have a problem with shifter movement?
2851, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by TJEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine popps out all the damn time, i need to get mine either replaced or fixed. Does anyone have a good manual tranny that they want to sell????
2855, RE: tranny pops out of gear
is what gears?
2928, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine just started doing this too. Could it be a slow leak in the trans causing it to leak fluid and mess up the syncros? I have a new trans on the way from the shop that I'm putting the retrofit into so I can inspect this one after I pull it. I'll probably check the fluid level this weekend. It's been running strong for 15k miles and I don't know how many miles it had on it before that.
2953, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think we all have this problem. t850 imo.
4168, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Would low tranny fluid cause it to pop out of gear?

My car pops out of 5th on a brand new tranny (3k miles on it so far)...

...transmissions piss me off.

P.S. I know this post is old, I used the search button.
4169, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I found out from jwoodley, that low fluid can cause this.
4180, RE: tranny pops out of gear
Posted by 96RSCLIPPER, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im just a newbie but ive had my 2GNT for 4 years and know a little bit about a few things that can go wrong.

A year ago I replaced my transmission because low fluid levels caused it to wear out the internals. Probably the dog teeth or the syncros. This caused the transmission to push out 3rd gear at RPM levels anywhere higher than 3500. I also got a very annoying whyning noise from the tranny probably from gears meshing while dry.

The tranny fluid leak came from the CV joint outputs. When you launch a 2GNT you sometimes get wheel hop and the CV joints moving so violently destroy the rubber seals on the differential outputs. YOu can tell this is happening to you because your undercarriage and the back of your engine block will be completely covered in tranny oil as well as your driveway. I periodically put gear oil back in the transmission but was not enough to save it. By the time I got around to replacing these rubber seals and put new oil back in it the damage was done. I didnt like the way it was shifting and it made grinding noises sometimes.

Luckily I have a family member that owns a junkyard and sold me a good tranny with 15,000 miles on it. i still have the old one in the back yard.
I generated this page in 0.017079830169678 seconds, executing 7 queries.