Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectZUME Clutch and Aluminum flywheel
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2701
2701, ZUME Clutch and Aluminum flywheel
Posted by EclipseDrivinDelt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a question about getting a clutch and flywheel. I am getting an aluminum flywheel and a performance clutch. I saw this site: http://www.zumeclutches.com/index.php?cPath=41_42 and these look like decent clutches, especially for the price. Any comment on them? Has anyone ever had experience with them? I dont know if i should try it. Also, do i need a non-modular clutch to put on an aluminum flywheel? I'm a little in the dark on that whole area. I am in a crunch for money, that is why i was interested in this Zume clutch. Oh, and is the 1995 420a a 6 bolt clutch? Oh, and why do people say to get ACT 2600 clutches when i thought they didnt make them for 420a? Thanks

2702, RE: ZUME Clutch and Aluminum flywheel
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseDrivinDelt
I have a question about getting a clutch and flywheel. I am getting an aluminum flywheel and a performance clutch. I saw this site: http://www.zumeclutches.com/index.php?cPath=41_42 and these look like decent clutches, especially for the price. Any comment on them? Has anyone ever had experience with them? I dont know if i should try it. Also, do i need a non-modular clutch to put on an aluminum flywheel? I'm a little in the dark on that whole area. I am in a crunch for money, that is why i was interested in this Zume clutch. Oh, and is the 1995 420a a 6 bolt clutch? Oh, and why do people say to get ACT 2600 clutches when i thought they didnt make them for 420a? Thanks

The 420a clutch is an 8 bolt clutch.

People say to get the ACT 2600 because it's a proven clutch for STOCK turbo eclipse models. You throught correctly; they are not available for the 420a.

I can't say whether or not the talon clutch you linked is for the 420a. However, I sincerely doubt it as I look at he pressure plate. It looks very much like a 4g63 plate.

In any case, when in doubt, look for a neon clutch. Theirs is always the same as ours, and it appears they have a "stage 2" 6 puck clutch available. I have somethign very similar to that, and it's good to about 300 HP in my opinion. The pressure plate appears to be a Sachs' one. http://www.zumeclutches.com/product_info.php?products_id=72
2717, RE: ZUME Clutch and Aluminum flywheel
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have dealt with ZUME before and will never deal with again...i would like to take a trip to GA and seriously hurt this guy. Real shitty customer service once they have your money its up yours. Their clutches have very poor engineering and are just put together. I have the stage two and it grabs liek its supposed to but it chatters like a MF. All the research i can find states its due to warpage or poor engineering. I cant wait till it goes bad and i can buy a spec. I should have just spent the extra 100.00.

I ordered the clutch through this guy and he sold it to me for 300. He asked if i wanted it assembled and with/without alignmant tool. I asked for it assembled with an alighnment tool and paid his price. No alignment tool and when you send a complaint and ask for what you were promised he acts as iff he was not the sales man and tell you thats all you get. Would not honor a refund either. Save yourself the headache and stay away from this guy.

Not to mention a week later he had not shipped the clutch....i asked the status....he required me to prove i paid and told me i never paid....another 3 days hassel then told me they were on back order from the guy who makes the clutch for him. If i ever go to GA, this guy will 3 times my anger...oh GA is only 8 hours away....i have VACA soon. You will not believe how pissed i am over this.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
I generated this page in 0.01043701171875 seconds, executing 7 queries.