Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subject300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2348
2348, 300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Posted by WDs RS-T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did a search and got some decent info but I know NOTHING about clutches

I am looking to push 300whp after a rebuild, and am Looking for a clutch that will handle that. All this talk about clutches was confusing me.

I need a link to get a full clutch assembly I need, plus an LSD insert. What you recomend and why, where to get it, and the price.

Please Guys, my clutch is slipping and I'm a little overwelmed and dont want to make a dumb purchase.
2349, RE: 300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd get a spec stage 3 or a clutchmasters stage 3, very light pdeal feel on both and will take it like a bitch ;)
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

2350, RE: 300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WDs RS-T
I did a search and got some decent info but I know NOTHING about clutches I am looking to push 300whp after a rebuild, and am Looking for a clutch that will handle that. All this talk about clutches was confusing me. I need a link to get a full clutch assembly I need, plus an LSD insert. What you recomend and why, where to get it, and the price. Please Guys, my clutch is slipping and I'm a little overwelmed and dont want to make a dumb purchase.

There is no way you did a search when asking about clutches especialy when we have a section deicated to transmissions on this forum

Clutchmasters

SPEC

they both sell clutches capabe of 300+ lbs of TQ rating (all that matters)
HP is just a calculation of TQ performance
2351, RE: 300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for a clutch, get a modular clutchmasters stage 4. modular is the best option, for it's far easier to deal with than a non-modular setup like the fidanza/spec stage 3 setup i have. don't get me wrong, i like my setup a lot, but if i could do it all over again i'd get a modular clutchmasters stage 4.

oh yeah. modular is one piece. like the stock clutch. the flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate are all rivited together. makes for a much quicker installation.
non-modular means that everything can be disassembled/interchanged/poked/prodded/jizzed on/resurfaced you get the idea. in theory it's cheaper in the long run to do it this way, but it's a lot more work.

don't get a slip in LSD. the phantom grip is crap. the NSR SID that i have is crap. i'm convinced that any "extra grip" was purely psychological. i don't think it really does anything, other than slowly add more metal shavings to my transmission oil. nothing that the magnet at the bottom can't deal with...

either get your diff. modified by Diff Retrofit or get a Quaife. there are no other options. don't listen to anyone who tells you differently about this.
2364, RE: 300whp Streetable Cluctch Recomendations? (did a search)
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
clutchmasters stage 3 is what i have.. so get a cm stage 3 or 4
I generated this page in 0.013769149780273 seconds, executing 7 queries.