Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectNew or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2251
2251, New or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok... im debating what is the best route here.. i think my master cylinder has been on its way out for awhile.. so that will be the next maintenance item for me.. Should i rebuild it.. that is if i can ever find a kit to do it with.. or just get a new one.... i would like to spend the least amount of money here and also have run into problems with kits being the wrong parts.. such as when i tried to redo my slave cylinder...

any thoughts are welcome..
2252, RE: New or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
New ones are about $100.
2260, RE: New or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
grrr.. too much $.. rebuild kit then?
2272, RE: New or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Posted by mitsudsr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just fixed a simalar problem with my slave cylinder. I tried a $15 rebuild kit but it was about useless. Then I heard from all the monday morning quarter backs on how they have never had any luck with the rebuild kits. So I bought a brand new slave cylinder and now everything works perfect. I recomend that you just spend a little more money and get the new one.
Patrick
96 GS
14.14 @ 96.5 mph on 8psi 8 Nov.02
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, Blitz BOV, P&P head, SS valves, lots more little goodies
2309, RE: New or rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder?.....
Posted by Blk95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i rebuilt my clutch master cylinder not too long ago, worked like a charm. much cheaper and it was ridiculously easy. got mine from napa (look under eagle talon). i guess it depends on the condition of the bore, if it's all scarred up it'll probably continue to leak, but i've got 120k miles and it was fine. i feel like i saved about 80 bucks.
I generated this page in 0.0090529918670654 seconds, executing 7 queries.