Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectOk, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2151
2151, Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by TJEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alright, I was told at a transmission shop that the transmission had to come out from the bottom of the car. On here, I was told that it can come out from the top. Which is true?? What all Do i need to take out from under the hood to get it out? I am going to start on this on Wed Night, and I need all the help I can get. My friend says he's not sure on the whole out the top or bottom so i figured that I would come on here and find out for sure. I am just really confused on it all. Thanks for your help.
2152, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The only way your tranny would come out through the top was if it came out with your engine. You drop it from the bottom.

I recommend buying a Chilton's manual, it has step by step on what you need to do.
2153, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
weird, i have a chiltons manual, but i dont like it. they dont even have the a/c pulley instal or anything. I wish haynes came out with one for our cars. chiltons sucks
2154, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Haynes does make a manual fo us.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm
2155, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
in the chiltons manual, it shows it comming out from the top of the car not the bottom. hopefully everything goes well, we shall find out tomorrow.
2156, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is no frickin way i would pull a trans through the top. A lot of the work is done from the top, but gravity takes care of getting the trans out. Why fight gravity?

Search around in here. There are lots of tips on axle removal and the general order of things to remove to drop the trans.
2157, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I did the clutch I used a hoist to hold the trans up. Swaped the clutchs and slid the tranny back on the block. Done, and Done.
2165, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by felix4787, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I did my tranny swap, I went out the bottom. Mainly because it's not a light thing that you can just throw around and we had a tranny jack... which only works if you pull it out the bottom.

Also we broke the head off the bolt on the battery tray so we would have had to bent the hell out of it to pull it out.

Do it through the bottom.

PS. I have the sach's clutch too, it's a good oem replacement... just get an OEM tob from the dealership.
2169, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Originally posted by felix4787
When I did my tranny swap, I went out the bottom. Mainly because it's not a light thing that you can just throw around and we had a tranny jack... which only works if you pull it out the bottom. Also we broke the head off the bolt on the battery tray so we would have had to bent the hell out of it to pull it out. Do it through the bottom. PS. I have the sach's clutch too, it's a good oem replacement... just get an OEM tob from the dealership.

what is a tob? i like it so far. Im just glad it is done and over with.
2187, RE: Ok, My Sachs clutch came in and I have a few ??
Posted by felix4787, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by TJEclipse
what is a tob? i like it so far. Im just glad it is done and over with.

Well I was talking about the throwout bearing but if you've got it all in and it isn't rattling then I wouldn't worry about it.

My screams until it warms up some.
I generated this page in 0.010389089584351 seconds, executing 7 queries.