Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectWhich wheel is our drive wheel?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1920
1920, Which wheel is our drive wheel?
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
In our stock open differential which wheel is the power delievered to? Isn't it the driver side?
1921, RE: Which wheel is our drive wheel?
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I always thought that it was the driver wheel, but when I do burnouts I lay rubber with both of 'em. :shrug
1976, RE: Which wheel is our drive wheel?
Posted by onetrav, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I belive there in no specific drive wheel. The reason there seems to be on rear wheel cars especially is because the torque motion from the drive shaft creates a reaction force which causes more weight on one side of the car which would allow the other to spin more freely with high power. I dont know if it applys the same on FWD seeing that the torque is more front to rear instead of left to right.:thumbsup
1978, RE: Which wheel is our drive wheel?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just because it's an open diff does not mean that only one wheel will spin. Jack your car up and start it, throw it in gear, see what happens.
1989, RE: Which wheel is our drive wheel?
Posted by onetrav, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If both tires are getting equal traction, OR you get one tire spining really fast then both will spin. When I jacked my car up after the swap, the drivers side tire turned fast and the other just turned a little.
I generated this page in 0.011735916137695 seconds, executing 7 queries.