Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch questions / suggestions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1750
1750, Clutch questions / suggestions
Posted by Shadablade, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sup all? Looking to replace my clutch as i have been feeling it start to slip here and there (136k on car and probally stock clutch) And since i have plans for a motor rebuild over next summer i figure i can go ahead and get the clutch now.

My questions are these. As this is my first FWD car (96 talon Esi) Ive read that its accually a transaxel setup (transmission and drivetrain combintation) but is there a different type of clutch and flywheel i have to look for say vs. one i would need for a RWD car? I dont want to toss $400 on a clutch and find its the wrong one. Any info on this is very welcomed.

Also, Any specifics as to what lvl or brand to get? Ive read to stay away from i think centerforce clutches, but what about ACT or Clutchmasters? Im considering haveing one of the 2.2 engines from FTY built and then going turbo from there so id really need a clutch that can handle some abuse but still be street runnible.

Many Thanks!
:thumbsup
1766, RE: Clutch questions / suggestions
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Clutchmasters. I like the stage 4. perfectly streetable.
I generated this page in 0.018205881118774 seconds, executing 7 queries.