Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectHELP needed quick!, fluid problems!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1708
1708, HELP needed quick!, fluid problems!
Posted by distort, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well last night coming home my pedal lost all pressure and the gears became really hard to get into if i could even get it to go to a gear. i checked my fluid and it was dry. so i filled it back up this morning and i still have no pressure (got a little better tho) i can get into gears about half of the time now. ok i have a couple of q's. which is the slave and master? the large plastic container that says 'only use dot3' on top of it is the master? and the small one to the right of it the slave? or am i confused? if thats right tho the master is full and is not dirty at all. the slave was the one empty. i filled it it tho and checked around didnt see any leaks however i notice my dead pedal in my car has something that has stained it if thats possibly it. it is 20 degrees and i had to drive it to the muffler shop for some work done to it so i didnt have time to bleed it. should i HAVE to bleed it for the pressure to come back or should i just give it a lil while and it will come back on its on? i checked it again before i dropped it off and the same amount of fluid was in it. if i DO have to bleed it (i dont want to unless i have to, note, its cold =P) can u describe where the screw is i have to loosen? i reallllly need to know because me and a friend are supposed to go out of town to meet a couple of girls and i kinda cant do that if my clutch is acting this way x( . i just want my pressure back so i can make the trip.
1709, RE: HELP needed quick!, fluid problems!
Posted by Semperboost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like your master cylinder is shot. Your slave is under the car attached to the tranny. Your clutch master cylinder seals are letting fluid pass through and onto your carpet where your clutch is. You can get a master cylinder repair kit, cost bout $10 and just replace the piston and seals inside it, but if that don't work you'll hafta get the whole cylinder. The install is pretty easy, just make sure you don't get the fluid onto the paint cuz it'll strip ot off.
Alvin

96 RST

Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / 55mm ARD TB/ Nology wires / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch
I generated this page in 0.018838882446289 seconds, executing 7 queries.