Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectHaving a synchro problem...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1607
1607, Having a synchro problem...
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
At least that is what I think it is. See, for awhile now my car has had problems shifting into second gear at high rpms. Also, it absolutely will not downshift without a little up rev to get the synchros aligned. Just 2 days ago, I am now having trouble getting into second gear period...like, under normal driving, it hates to go into second, sometimes it acts like it is in then i try to go and it grinds bad, or i will try and shift and it will grind going in. Awhile back i replaced my slave cylinder but not my master cylinder. Do you think it could be possible that there are unequal pressures being exerted between the new slave and old master or are my synchros just going out? TIA!
1608, RE: Having a synchro problem...
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
start off with simple things like changing the tranny fluid. I as well as many others have had tranny problems. Mine felt notchey and grinded alot for a couple of months. I changed my fluid and the problem went away and hasnt come back. that was 25,000 miles ago.
1611, RE: Having a synchro problem...
Posted by Twiste, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have changed the fluid less than 10K miles ago...i did that originally to get rid of the problem...didnt help. I used GM synchromesh because that is what Mitsubishi recommended I use.
I generated this page in 0.010737180709839 seconds, executing 7 queries.