Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectclutch/flywheel
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=132
132, clutch/flywheel
Posted by 97ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm too lazy to search the archives and whatnot, but my throwout bearing is making some awful ratcheting sound when i start the car in the mornings. it goes away after the car warms up, but it's still not a good sign. other symptoms i'm having are that the clutch can not be let out too quickly or the car feels like it's hopping. not sure if that's just mounts or what, but i'm guessing it's all clutch related.

so...since it sounds like i need a new clutch anyway, i might as well do the flywheel as well. i know clutchmasters makes a modular setup for us or whatever...but anyone got lightened flywheels as well?

any thoughts, recommendations, and prices? tia!
135, RE: clutch/flywheel
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I believe clutchmasters also makes a lightened modular combo.

Also Howell does carry a modular and non modular style flywheel that you can put any non-modular style clutch on it. They have SPEC clutches you can but attached to the modular lightened Fidanza Flywheel.

Look under the 1st Gen Neon section if it's not listed in the @GNT section.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
139, RE: clutch/flywheel
Posted by WIKKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's a good chance that the "hopping" is your mounts. might be a good idea to check them out also.
I generated this page in 0.009570837020874 seconds, executing 7 queries.