Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: new throwout making noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1073&mesg_id=5915
5915, RE: new throwout making noise
Posted by DSMTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive recently been dealing with the same noise (along with a busted clutch fork retainer) and 3 TOB's later, i still have the same noise. and yes you must grease the shaft of the input bearing or it will make noise (trust me been there done that). as far as the TOB is concerned, i think its a sorry design as those tabs are really cheezy that hold it to the fork, and it doesnt take much to break them. why hasnt anyone come up with a better design. but in regards to the noise this is what ive discovered, and am currently testing..i have done as XtremeRS suggested and it is the case...seems that he TOB rides on the pressure plate fingers. so either its meant to do so, or there is something up with the slave cylinder that keeps just enough pressure on the fork to maket the TOB stay engaged, ever so slightly, and it seems that if you press on the clutch fork towards the slave cylinder just enough to disengage the TOB, the noise goes away! so when i had the clutch fork out, i welded a washer onto it and found some springs that ive attached to the slave cylinder mounting bolts and made a V-shape spring configuration to pull on the clutch fork just enough to disengage the TOB. so far i havent got a spring that is strong enough to help fully eliminate the noise, but i have got the noise down to an almost un-noticable level.
I generated this page in 0.010125160217285 seconds, executing 6 queries.