Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectTranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8032&mesg_id=8032
8032, Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately.
Posted by greekgodchaos2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*I have had "gearbox rattle" for about 6 months now whenever in neutral, I have read this is caused by a loose throw out bearing OR the release bearing, can someone confirm this?

Okay, so earlier today I was driving along doing about 40mph and then I pull up to a stop light. It was at this point where I shifted my car into neutral and took my foot off the clutch. My car then proceeded to idle for about 10sec, then it jerk and died; The same way it would if you left it in gear and just stopped. I started it back up and then I could not shift into any gear at all. I waited for about 10sec for it to work itself out and then I could shift into 1st. I then proceeded to pull over and check to see what was going on, it all looked okay, so I left. Then as I was leaving I put my car into reverse and slowly let the clutch in and gave it some gas, but the car didn't move at all (it felt as if the E-Brake was on, and it WAS NOT ON) until I juiced it and forced the RPMs above 5000, which at this point it began to move backwards, but also jerked back and fourth quite violently (Clutch chatter?) I took it to a friend who took it for a spin and told me it was my clutch was really close to going out. It seems possible since I am running about 7psi boost on a 420a on an Eclipse with 87,000 miles on it. Can you guys please help me out? I really appreciate everyone taking time to read this and to help me out, thank you so very much.

~Alex
I generated this page in 0.012624979019165 seconds, executing 6 queries.