Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectWell, here is Mike@RRE's response
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7512&mesg_id=7514
7514, Well, here is Mike@RRE's response
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
MikeW, the God of the DSM world, has provided me with some excellent info, listed below. At some point when this whole deal is over I'll write this up and post it on the web site for anyone else encountering this problem to use.

Myself, I wish I knew how these mechanical bits worked well enough to be able to argue myself. Until that day, I'm glad we have guys like Mike on our side...

juan

<<<
Full uneducated bull shit.

They will need to prove it. If the car was so low that was actually happening, there will be proof. You and the dumb a$$ service advisor will pull apart the inner CV joints. The inner joints have the free play in them to allow the axles to move in and out as the suspension moves up and down through an arc. As it moves, the distance between the tranny and wheel bearing hub changes. The inner joint allows that to happen. If the car was so low that the axles were jamming into the transmission hard enough to kill the diff bearings, there will be obvious damage and wear marks on the inside of the inner CV joint. You will see where it was bottoming out inside the joint, and that would be driving the joint into the transmission. You would also see marks on the joint where it was wearing further into the transmission. There wont be a mark on it.

Tell the dealer you want the zone rep to come out and get involved.

I generated this page in 0.010071039199829 seconds, executing 6 queries.