Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Leaking clutch fluid
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=5239&mesg_id=5245
5245, RE: Leaking clutch fluid
Posted by snufalufagus040, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry to dig this old one up again, but I replaced my clutch master cylinder after the clutch just plain stopped engaging, but the clutch only felt good and solid for about a day. It's been 3 months, and it's still working now, but is very sluggish and engages very low.

I went to a tranny/clutch shop run by some guys I sort of know, and they say everything is fine and dry, that the huge stain under my clutch pedal that keeps growing and growing is just brake fluid. BS. Anyways, I found this through a search and keep hearing about this 'hard line' and fittings that go between cylinders, and I'm guessing that's what my problem is. I was just wondering, where is this line located, where can I buy the line and fittings, what's the part # if any, and how easy is it to install?

I even thought I heard someone say they got a steel-braided line for this purpose, and I'd really like to get my hands on that. When I mentioned that to the guys at the clutch shop, they looked at me like I was a retard. "You just wanna get some fancy line you don't need, eh sonny? You'd have to go to some sort of ricer race shop for a part like that!" ha. ha. ha.

"No a-hole, I just want to fix the SOB so it doesn't leak anymore."

:D

TIA, as always.

Nicholas
I generated this page in 0.0098690986633301 seconds, executing 6 queries.