Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectCM Stage IV Not Disengaging
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4907&mesg_id=4907
4907, CM Stage IV Not Disengaging
Posted by UpToSpeed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, so my clutch just started not disengaging... I was driving along, luckily two blocks away from home, and no shifty shifty...

When I got back I had my roommate press on the clutch for me when I was looking at the clutch fork to see what was going on. The clutch fork didn't move... I picked up a new clutch master and slave cylinder and installed them the next morning. I had him come out to press in the clutch again and it STILL didn't move.

Dumbfounded I bled the lines again, still nothing. Then I asked him to press it again and watched him, he was pressing the freakin' BRAKE! Grrraaaaaahhhhh... $200 down the drain in new parts...

I figured I'd throw that in there for a bit of stupid humor...

Now... everything "moves" fine... I looked through the little clutch fork peep hole and I can see the TOB depressing the clutch teeth in fine but I STILL can't put the car in gear when the engine is turning. It shifts fine when the car isn't on so I doubt it's the transmission itself. I have a modular CM Stage IV with less than 15k miles on it, I want to make sure it couldn't be something else before I have to drop the transmission again just to diagnose it. I also will NOT be buying a damn Clutchmasters clutch ever again if that's the case. I've only got about 280HP or so, that thing should not be going out...

If it's coming out of the car, I'm putting a modular setup in, screw this $800 for a clutch that only lasts 15k miles...
I generated this page in 0.012320041656494 seconds, executing 6 queries.