Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Tranny WHINE when in gear.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4318&mesg_id=4329
4329, RE: Tranny WHINE when in gear.
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Super20G
in the sunlight, you could see a metallic haze to it, nothing granular that you could feel, but just a shimmer in the sunlight.

After Daisy blew up the first time, we found her leaking and she started to make noise on me. The output shaft roller bearing fell apart. When we drained the fluid, it had a definite shimmer to it. Like a pearlescent glitter. I agree. It did not have any sort of gritty feeling to it, but it was definitely scarey.

Originally posted by Super20G
I just hear a whining under any level of acceleration.

I get some noise myself these days, but only in 5th gear, low rpm (~2000) when maintaining speed. I can't hear it over my exhaust at higher speeds, but then again, I wouldn't hear an F16 right behind me, she's so loud. It's fairly faint in my case. I will check the fluid myself and see where mine is, but she doesn't seem to be leaking any trans fluid.

Guess I'm just curious about this like you are. I have pictures of my last tranny pull hosted and there is a link in a thread in here somewhere to them. I know I took a pic of the shimmering fluid.

Good luck to you, sir.

EDIT:
az2gnt.net/events/sigh/photos/photo1.html
I generated this page in 0.0079140663146973 seconds, executing 6 queries.