Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: SPEC Stage 3 still slipping...?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2458&mesg_id=2494
2494, RE: SPEC Stage 3 still slipping...?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Matt_95tgs
Well, just to throw another log onto the fire, I have a spec stage 3 pressure plate with a 4 puck ceramic disk. On friday night, I went to the track and made about 8 pulls at 24 psi. On my last pull of the night, my clutch slipped :(. I'm not amused. As for my times, I still cant get shit for traction in first or second gear. My best 60 ft time of the night was a 2.4 which just sucks (although they weren't laying down much if any VHT). My best run of the night was a 13.8@108 mph. It was pissing me off racing guys who were in the 12's but I had higher ETs. Man, I cant wait till my slicks are at the door :).

hey Matt, make a dual stage boost controller like I did :) I can run low boost (7 psi) in first gear, then hit second, then hit a switch in the car, which goes to high boost setting through the MBC..all you need is a solenoid valve from Grainger, and a swtich..It just lets you launch the car much harder off the line, using lower boost,and that lets you almost just floor it off the line, instead of feathering the throttle..Good runs though man! 108 MPH? daaammm :whoa

On topic: I found a place called South Bend clutches, and I think I'm going to give them a call, and see if they have any ideas for us. I was going to get the SPEC 3, and found a modular unit online from a site for 382 bucks..but, if this isnt going to work well enough, then I want something that I don't have to keep upgrading..Without going to a larger clutch(almost impossible), using a higher clamp load pressure plate, and higher coeficient of friction clutch disk, there really are no other options for us, except the mega expensive Clutchmaster's dual disk setup..HRC seems to like it though.. Be very intresting to put a Clutchmasters pressure plate, and a Spec pressure plate on a plate load tester, to see who has more clamp load..I've talked with both places, and Clutchmasters says 2200 lb for theirs, and Spec claims 2600 lb..never really hear many people talk about Clutchmaster's clutches slipping though..hmmm
I generated this page in 0.010690927505493 seconds, executing 6 queries.