Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectSPEC Stage 3 still slipping...?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2458&mesg_id=2458
2458, SPEC Stage 3 still slipping...?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it's been 2000+ miles and it still slips sometimes at 1.1+ bar of boost. i'm guessing that i have about 300-320 BHP at the flywheel, with probably a slightly higher torque rating, because HRC 16G's seem to always give a little more torque than power.

it's this weird random issue, some days it's fine others it just kind of freaks out.

i know my throw out bearing is letting up enough, because it rattles around a little when the car is cold and when i push the clutch in the slightest bit the noise goes away.

i don't see any oil dripping out from where the bellhousing meets the block, and there isn't any weird crap coming out of that rubber thing where the clutch fork goes into.

even know it doesn't really bother me that much, the clutch still chatters a little when i try to gradually slip it when driving around town, but i hear this is perfectly normal for a 6 puck ceramic clutch disk.

any chance i didn't "break it in" properly? i took it easy for the first 500-1000 miles or so. i heard from some people that ceramic clutches don't need to be broken in, but others say that all clutches need to be broken in. what is happening?
I generated this page in 0.0079250335693359 seconds, executing 6 queries.