Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Spec stage 5 or Clutchmaster stage 4?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2265&mesg_id=2303
2303, RE: Spec stage 5 or Clutchmaster stage 4?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you plan on running 25 pounds of boost on a 20g with a 150 shot of nitrous and you have all of the supporting mods, get a cintered iron clutch. there were a handful of DSM's at the shootout with cintered iron clutches. i think Breant Rau (RWD 2G ACT car) has one of these clutches. i remember seeing him trying to drive the thing around into the staging lanes, it didn't look very fun, but maaaaaaan... i bet that clutch is a lot of fun once you're moving.

if you are going to drive your car on the street, buy a SPEC stage 3 or a Clutchmasters stage 4. i have the SPEC stage 3 and i like it a lot. give it about 750-1000 miles for it to properly break in before you house on it too much. there will always be a little chatter with the SPEC, but it's not that bad. it's a very streetable clutch that holds a lot of power.

there are a lot of people who also really like the Clutchmasters stage 4. i hear it also holds just about anything you'll make on the street.

you'll also have to decide if you're going to get a modular replacement (easy) or deal with moving to a non-modular setup. i have a non-modular setup with a Fidanza flywheel. it SUCKS trying to get the transmission back into place because the non-modular assembly bolts directly to the end of the crankshaft and it sticks out really far. was it worth it? maybe. all i'll have to buy when my clutch goes is a new disk, and have the pressure plate and the flywheel resurfaced (cheap)
I generated this page in 0.010376930236816 seconds, executing 6 queries.