Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1649&mesg_id=1737
1737, RE: Clutchmasters VS Spec???
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with MAtt, really, about a lot of it.

Like most modifications with our cars, except for the quality of the product (meaning, will it break it or not over extended use), if the product performs its intended purpose, there's only so much technology built into it.

These clutches have a propietary pressure plate and clutch disk and that's it. There's only so many disk facings that can be used, and after that, it's all the same. As far as pressure plates, it's pretty clear that the 420a platform doesn't have an ACT type available with a high pressure plate.

So, choose your clutch facing, sprung or unsprung, pucked or not, and be done with it. I've got a 6 puck, sprung clutch and the stock pressure plate, and it's held up to a ton of boost (15+ psi) without slipping for over 6k miles. I'm happy with it and it didn't cost me a ton of money.

I'm still hella grateful that Matt hooked me with his clutch guy! Don't fall for the hype guys. It's my opinion that ClutchMasters are friggin theives by charging as much as they are for their clutches($700+). You can bet your ass that when my clutch wears out, I'll be using Matt's guy at Clutch Dynamics again, and won't blink twice! That's my opinion and I'm stick'in to it!!:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0077331066131592 seconds, executing 6 queries.