Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutchmasters VS Spec???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=1649&mesg_id=1649
1649, Clutchmasters VS Spec???
Posted by JustOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Clutch Masters Stage 4 vs. Spec stage 4. To me the SPEC "looks" to be the better clutch, in both grab and longer life. I have been running the CM stage 4 (non-mod) w/ aluminum flywheel for as long as I have been putting down real power. I like the grab but hate the short life. Right now I am on my 4th stage 4 clutch and am getting tired of only getting 20-30k miles out of it.

From reading the CM site and from first had experience the clutch isn’t all that "advanced". As far as I can see it uses a stock pressure plate w/ a four puck disk and your choice of flywheel (non-mod or mod and steel or aluminum)

From reading the SPEC site they say it has a higher load pressure plate w/ a 6 puck disk. So just from seeing that I would think that a stronger pressure plate and more material on the disk would make it a better clutch in both grab and life span, but I guess I won’t know for sure until I put one on.

What are your thoughts???

Brian
I generated this page in 0.015160799026489 seconds, executing 6 queries.