Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjecthas anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=628
628, has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the final drive kinda messes up with the od, and i know some don't mind it, but has anyone actually got theirs to the dealer and had them recalibrated the computer?
629, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What do you mean "kinda messes up with the OD"?
630, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
you know how odometer is slightly off because of final drive.

i am not sure if it is the odometer or the speedo... maybe it is the speedo but ANYWAYS the final drive causes changes that i have learned form reading this site.

631, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It makes the speedo off slightly only by about 5mph at 60mph. Some have had it fixed it will cost you about $75-$100 at Satan.
632, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
who has had it fixed?

i've read that a lot of people got a lot of headaches from the dealer.

it totally fixes it?
633, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If it's just adding 5mph to your current speed and thats a problem you need to have that ECU between your ears reset. Not spend 100+ or w/e to do some other shit.
634, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't take Joe's reply offensively, he's our public relations director here in the ATX section. :P I don't know if anyone has actually had this done but if not, rumors sure do get popular fast. Call Satan and ask him about it.
635, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
>Don't take Joe's reply offensively, he's our public relations
>director here in the ATX section. :P I don't know if anyone
>has actually had this done but if not, rumors sure do get
>popular fast. Call Satan and ask him about it.

none taken.

i was researching the final drive two-three months ago and well, i read over and over that the solution is that you can go to the dealer to get it fixed, but no one here has ever had it even fixed though in some replies, people have said that all you gotta do is go to the dealer. hummm, maybe it is just a rumor (satan is able to get it fixed). i remember reading like, 9d9 was saying he wanted the final drive but didn't want his speedo to get whacked out. i too am a perfectionist and its gonna bug the hell out of me-but that's just me.

off topic though, hey dirty, i bet your gonna be the atx mod one of these days.:) hope your turbo kit is on soon cause we need MORe turbo atx in here. i know corbin, robotechdsm are turboed with atx.
636, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very funny Dirty...lol ATX PR haha

Anyway, got to thinking. Are you guys talking about the transmission speed sensor or the main speed sensor. I may be talking out of my ass, its early. But Ive seen a picture of the A604 somewhere and I recall seeing a transmission speed sensor. Is this what is out of whack and non compliant?

If that's the case why not splice in the Sebring speedo or install that one in there totally. Wouldnt that take care of the problem since the gears came out of a Sebring. Or are the speedos the same and its just a setting in the ECU.

If im totally wrong disregard what I said:).

Joseph

Edit - *ok so I went and found that website. The switch is an "output speed switch". Doubt that is what youre talking about. Prolly just a info sender for the TCM. dratsx(
637, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
all you have to do is go to the dealership and have them use the DRB3 tool to set your pinion angle to 225*50*15 and thats going to be as close as you can get, most speedos are off up to 3mph anyways.

Its the truth, it works, i havent done it cause I really dont notice/dont care (keeps me from speeding)

the difference:
its only off 1 mph up to 20mph and 3mph off at 40mph and 5 off at 60 mph (verified by GPS)

My dealership told me it would be 25 bucks, but now most are charging 75 bucks anytime they hook it up to the scanner, I told him that was crap and he told me 25 bucks
641, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm a perfectionist too...but I've given up on fixing the speedo.

All of my dealers refused or denied the possibility of using the scan tool to set my pinion angle.

AFAIK, the output speed sensor is "non-contact", so you can't just buy a new gear for it.

You may consider a unit from www.dakotadigital.com. They offer a device to adjust the signal from a speed sensor. Its $80 and who knows if it will work and not screw anything up.

For now, I'm just saying "screw it". We're only talking 4.5-5% here. So, at legit city speeds, the error is minimal.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

642, RE: has anyone actually fixed....final drive related
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
minesaid no problem but I havent gone in there, cause like corbin I dont care and the difference to me isnt worth the 25 bucks.

Just remember its 5 off at 60 and like 1 off at 30 so its not a big deal, changing tire sizes can make it off by worse.

and corbin thats crazy your dealership denied that, thats how they change the vehical when they put larger tire sizes on from the factory. Ie 16" vs the little steely wheels
I generated this page in 0.014369964599609 seconds, executing 7 queries.