Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectInstallation techniques
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4634&mesg_id=4634
4634, Installation techniques
Posted by Paraquat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi guys.
My girlfriend just got her first Eclipse. It's been given a total once over and now it's time to drop the engine back in I just had some questions about the tranny.
We looked around for a prothane set but one said manual only. The other one said it was the same for GS/GST/GSX. I looked at a 5 spd Eclipse today but the mounts look the same. I just want to be sure they're the same before I buy mounts I can't use.

My next question is about the torque converter. I did an engine swap in my Blazer one time and I didn't have any output from the transmission afterwards. I brought it to a shop and they said it was because of the something something something.
I don't remember what - I blocked a lot of that truck out of my mind.

I'm just trying to find out now if there's any special techniques to doing it. Preferably something so I don't damage it like I did my Blazer transmission. Fill the tq converter and slap it on the input shaft and bolt it to the flex plate? Anything I should look out for? With any luck it's going in this weekend.
Thanks for any advice.

--Steve
I generated this page in 0.0075638294219971 seconds, executing 6 queries.