Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectInstallation techniques
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4634
4634, Installation techniques
Posted by Paraquat, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi guys.
My girlfriend just got her first Eclipse. It's been given a total once over and now it's time to drop the engine back in I just had some questions about the tranny.
We looked around for a prothane set but one said manual only. The other one said it was the same for GS/GST/GSX. I looked at a 5 spd Eclipse today but the mounts look the same. I just want to be sure they're the same before I buy mounts I can't use.

My next question is about the torque converter. I did an engine swap in my Blazer one time and I didn't have any output from the transmission afterwards. I brought it to a shop and they said it was because of the something something something.
I don't remember what - I blocked a lot of that truck out of my mind.

I'm just trying to find out now if there's any special techniques to doing it. Preferably something so I don't damage it like I did my Blazer transmission. Fill the tq converter and slap it on the input shaft and bolt it to the flex plate? Anything I should look out for? With any luck it's going in this weekend.
Thanks for any advice.

--Steve
4637, RE: Installation techniques
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol...

Torque converter "drops" some more onto the input shaft and into the bell housing THREE TIMES.

Otherwise you bolt it together, it binds, and then the front pump of the ATX goes out in a week.
4638, RE: Installation techniques
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Otherwise you bolt it together, it binds, and then the front pump of the ATX goes out in a week.

i hate you
4639, RE: Installation techniques
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by teklein Otherwise you bolt it together, it binds, and then the front pump of the ATX goes out in a week.
i am gay and want you

relax mikey. So much aggression towards everyone, sheesh.
I generated this page in 0.0098938941955566 seconds, executing 7 queries.