Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjecttranny weight
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4254
4254, tranny weight
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does anyone know how much our auto tranny weighs? Thanks a lot.
4255, RE: tranny weight
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's heavy. What do you want to know the weight for?
4256, RE: tranny weight
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wanted to buy one and it has to be shipped to me. Any ideas on the best way/carrier to ship a transmission?
4257, RE: tranny weight
Posted by EclipseSix, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xcasbonx
It's heavy. What do you want to know the weight for?

When I saw the topic I was going to post the same thing. or "a lot" lol.

I could barely lift the auto trans when I pulled it out of my car, the manual trans was heavy too but I could at least lift it without fear of getting a hernia.

order a manual trans, plus about 200 dollars more in accessories and you'll be good to go.
4258, RE: tranny weight
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I shipped mine, I used 150 lbs, class 85, and strapped it to a pallet. That included the torque converter and fluid.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
4295, RE: tranny weight
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Corbin
When I shipped mine, I used 150 lbs, class 85, and strapped it to a pallet. That included the torque converter and fluid. Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Nice, Talon Corbin. I like your custom scoop on your hood. Do you use a protective insert to block rain/snow. I was gonna buy an CF Invander hood, but too sure if it comes with them. Would I have to make my own or is there store sells them.

Your scoop looks better than ones on a trans/firebird. Would like to do that to my ViS Cf Oem hood.
4296, RE: tranny weight
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Nice, Talon Corbin. I like your custom scoop on your hood. Do you use a protective insert to block rain/snow. I was gonna buy an CF Invander hood, but too sure if it comes with them. Would I have to make my own or is there store sells them. Your scoop looks better than ones on a trans/firebird. Would like to do that to my ViS Cf Oem hood.

I'll try not to hijack the thread too badly. The scoop is cut/molded into a stock hood and is angled to shed water. Any water that makes it inside will drain out the bottom of the airbox. I don't think something like that could be added to a CF hood cleanly. It would probably have to be part of the original structure, so the CF weave would not be broken up.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
I generated this page in 0.01319694519043 seconds, executing 7 queries.