Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectneon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4098
4098, neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Posted by mike rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i finally got sick of burning up the junk electronic 4 speed so i put a neon auto in my 98 eclipse. i love it! i don't recommend it for those still n/t because the taller gearing would suck, but you can always change the gears. you have alot more options when it comes to changing gear ratios. i also had a 3000 stall converter built and i put that in a week later, and now i am finally happy having an auto tranny. turbo lag is not a problem for me anymore. i can build as much boost as i want on the line and rpm's only drop to 5000 between shifts. i already ordered a super t-70 to replace my ar.60 t3/t4. highway driving is not bad at all, ever driven a neon? before i talk it up to much and have everyone yanking there tranny out there are a few bad things. unless you have a custom axle built you will not have a speedo, you must be able to cutom make 1 1/2 motor mounts, getting the shifting and kickdown linkage to work right requires some custom fab. none of this is hard though you will need a welder. i dont have a speedo for now but plan on fixing it down the road. oh i almost forgot, get a 5 speed ecu and you raise you redline to 7000. as soon as my t-70 and slicks get here i will take her to the strip and see if i can blow this thing apart.
4099, RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pics? details? a write up in the works?
4100, RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what ^^^ said! Congratulations mang, it sounds like a job well done. Eager to see some track numbers, think it could keep pace with a similiarly modded 5-speed?
4711, RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Posted by Axis, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how do you switch the ecu?
4712, RE: neon 3 speed swap done, i love it!
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Axis
how do you switch the ecu?

1 you take one out
2 you put one in
3 ???
4 profit

Alain
I generated this page in 0.0094728469848633 seconds, executing 7 queries.