Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectlow down on high stalls...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2567
2567, low down on high stalls...
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok im prob goin wit a high comp build and was wondering how much every1 really likes there high stall tq. converter. so where do you actually feel it, off the line, during shifts or when, and how much do you feel it, meaning what gains would you see in the 1/4 and where did you get yours and how much. also what stall 2800????TIA

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
2568, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a 2800 stall. i wouldnt really go any higher than that for a street car, and if you have an older tranny computer youll have limp mode issues with anything higher.

i installed mine along with a new block, drove about 20 miles to a storage facility and there it sits till winter is over... ill let you know how it runs in a couple months hehe.
2569, RE: low down on high stalls...
where did you get it?? and how much

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
2570, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How hard is it to install? Worth it?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

2571, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm, i got mine from ERT. very good guys to deal with. a few members here on the board work with them actually.

mine was one of the first runs of the converters they were recieving from some place out in cali, and was about 300 dollars, a very good price. i think now they are around the area of 5 or 600 or so... no joke. there was a post about it a while back, i forget the details.

as for the install, i had my block and trans out for a rebuild, the converter was easy enough to put in place when its all apart. if you wanted to just drop the trans you could. not difficult to do, the hardest part is making time to do it.
2572, RE: low down on high stalls...
i was looking at ert 3000 stall converter, you think that would be good with a high comp rebuild, i drive hard so i dont think hte slippage issue to 3000 would be that bad for me, i was just run a large cooler, are these lock up converters btw???

Mods:
2581, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The only cars that'll have slippage/limp-mode issues are pre-1997 models. After 1996, the TCM received a flash upgrade that fixed this issue.

BTW- I have a custom one-of-a-kind 3500 stall torque converter for sale. I've been needing to get rid of it, so any resonable offers will be accepted. Cost over $1000 new, it has ~1500 miles on it, and I can let it go for around $400. I'm posting it for sale in the for-sale forum today and if I get no bite by tonight, it's going on ebay. 3500 stall is da shizzle... hangin w/ 5 speeds!
2583, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cant/suddent 95-96 cars go to satan and get the tcu reflashed to eliminate that problem.
2585, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shybuck
cant/suddent 95-96 cars go to satan and get the tcu reflashed to eliminate that problem.

yes, if you find a dealer that actually knows how to correctly use their scan tools, which is a HARD find.

2586, RE: low down on high stalls...
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very good point :)

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor
I generated this page in 0.012247085571289 seconds, executing 7 queries.