Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: What are some good things about A/T
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=236&mesg_id=258
258, RE: What are some good things about A/T
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For me, chirping 2nd wasn't so easy with intake, exhaust, and final drive gears. You have to time it pretty good. As you're revving in 1st, get to about 6200 rpm, let off and wait about 1/2 sec to let it drop to like 6000rpm then slam it to the ground. If you time it right, you'll get a nice chirp and a nice rewarding snap-back for your neck.

It's not much, but through experimentation I've found it to be more effective than just the pedal to the ground method .. by almost 1/2 a car at times. The auto just shifts SOO SLOW. And it was hard to do with only exhaust, intake, and gears. With that and the udp and weight reduction its like clockwork, every single time almost.

As for peeling out, well you'll probaly need boost. I can spin them a lot if its wet, but my friend has a geo prizm stick that can do it better than me :(

Another advantage of having a/t : Kids talk smack about it. They think just because they drive a stick (on ANY car), they can take you. It makes them look ridiculous when they lose.

If you have a choice tho, buy the m/t if you can drive it.

black 97 eclipse rs a/t
nakayama cai
cat-back exhaust
final drive gears
afx udp
I generated this page in 0.012170791625977 seconds, executing 6 queries.