Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectYou guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2184
2184, You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by KiN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was going wot today and noticed my boost goes down like 2-3 lbs right before a shift, this normal? I just got my tranny rebuilt with performance parts and a 2800 high stall converter.

TIA
2187, RE: You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i would before i opened up my exhaust. now it actually increases .
2188, RE: You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
off topic: how much did you pay for the rebuild with high pro parts and high torque converter?

Originally posted by KiN
I was going wot today and noticed my boost goes down like 2-3 lbs right before a shift, this normal? I just got my tranny rebuilt with performance parts and a 2800 high stall converter. TIA

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

:+ :) :-) x( :-( :( ;-) ;) :o :D }( ;( :P :9 :* :nono :rolleyes :wary :thumbsdown :thumbsup :7 :love :bowdown :shrug :cheers :puke
2197, RE: You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah my boost goes up 1psi or so between shifts. Have a crappy 2.5" Pacesetter exhaust with 2.5" hi flow cat.
2213, RE: You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
depends how fast I'm going. Under low boost I will see the gauge drop a little and hear the BOV open a little. Under full throttle my boost spikes with the 3in turbo back exhaust (and no kitty :nono )
2282, RE: You guys loose a little boost betwee shifts?
Posted by KiN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jsupetran
off topic: how much did you pay for the rebuild with high pro parts and high torque converter?

Was around $3400, Cant really tell too much of a difference, but I suppose it wont fall apart any time soon.

I generated this page in 0.010767936706543 seconds, executing 7 queries.