Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectlevel10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2073
2073, level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
someome plz tell me this will work for our cars.

http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items/electronics/import_shiftronic.htm

2074, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good question, even though are cars have domestic (chrysler) transmissions.

Even then you can get stiffer shifts by gettting the shift kit and TQ lock up control via the brake switch mod, for way less then 200 something.:shrug
2075, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by Slow_AT_Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why not just do the swap if you want m/t so bad, right Ivan?
2076, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Quote:
Originally posted by Slow_AT_Talon
why not just do the swap if you want m/t so bad, right Ivan?

about 1000$ difference
2097, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey man, I dont know if that will work but I emailed them explaining about our site and our Chrysler trannies. I asked them if this worked and if not, if they have a similar kit. I made it clear as well that the price looked good.

Also, I mentioned a possible group buy cause they do them. I'll keep you guys updated. :thumbsup
2102, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AHHHHHHHH!!!! THEY CONFIRMED IT!!! It is for sale... AND THEY WILL DO A GROUP BUY!!!

I'm in FOR SURE. By the way, I live in NJ so I'm gonna get it installed there as well. Here are the prices straight from the email:

We would be more than happy to offer a group buy for your cars. The price
of 1 Shiftronic unit is $498, 10+ is $448 and 15+ is $400. We would also
install the unit at our Shop for $195. It takes about 3 hours to install.

GO TO THE GROUP BUY SECTION. I have started a thread there if you're interested.

"Who needs a 4G63? I'd rather walk the competition than my crank..."

- Bill Hahn.... 420a GOD :bowdown
2109, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If this shit goes through ok I'll get one, but even though they "confirmed" it, I'm still a little suspect.
2110, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bet it works, I bet the autostick we can do works also but no one has tried it, I bet our TCM's are pretty easy to fool/control. Ive got all the schematics but havent had the time to get around to it. I tried the autostick but I was told the TCM was part of the ECU under my hood so I hooked up to the ECU and not the TCM under the radio/dash (DUH!!) and just havent gotten around to really hooking up the autostick. Im sure it will work and basically thats all that the level ten thing does I think. It works Im sure and if it doesent Im sure they will give you your money back.
2111, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
it defintly will work on our tranny.

3 hour my fucking ass... take off console, plug it into the tcm, put back on console...

level-10 is in NJ??

the only problem i see, is theres no SHIFTER just BUTTONS....this is a picture of it:

before anyone buys this... we really need to try the autostick mod... just so we dont go wasting 500$
2112, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by Franklindsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn that would get old, is there a disable when you just want the tcm to do it on its own?

enlighten me on the autostick mod
2113, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the auto stick mod?

Well turns out we can just snip some wires here, add some buttons there and tadda we have auto stick.:cheers
2114, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it's more than snipping but shouldn't be too hard
the tranny computers for all A604 cars with the computer inside the car behind the radio are the same autostick or not for the year 1996 and +

check this pic
http://www.asog.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album62&id=aan&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

and this close-up
http://www.asog.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album62&id=aam&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

what you see on pin 5 ? autostick up
and pin 44 ? autostick down

you just need 2 momentary switches that you pull to ground connected on those pins

Alain
2115, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
So how do you do this, i used search last night and it seemed like no one got it to work.

Anyone gunna try it or tell me how to do it?

joseph
2116, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Originally posted by Franklindsm
So how do you do this, i used search last night and it seemed like no one got it to work. Anyone gunna try it or tell me how to do it? joseph

easy
on pin 44 you connect one side of a momentary switch, and you connect the other side to ground
on pin 05 you connect one side of a momentary switch, and you connect the other side to ground

you won't find anything on this because last year a thread went up to at least 50 replies but no one had the guts to even try it
lots of talk but mostly BS
McGyvr tried something but we were on the wrong computer and not on the tranny computer

Alain
2117, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so ur saying with some wire and 2 momentary switches and some custom job on the shifter we could have an auto stick? that sounds a hell of alot cheaper and easier than that 500 auto stick group buy. but whree the hell do u get mementary switches

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
2118, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Originally posted by python6586
so ur saying with some wire and 2 momentary switches and some custom job on the shifter we could have an auto stick? that sounds a hell of alot cheaper and easier than that 500 auto stick group buy. but whree the hell do u get mementary switches

we still don't know if the TCM has an autostick software in it or not
what we do know is that it's the same electronic box all cars , autostick or not

momentary switches are usually push-button or rocker type switch that doesn't lock
as long as you have your finger on the switch the switch is on but as soon as you will release your your finger the switch is off again

you could get them in any electronic part seller, like digikey, mouser or even in radio-shack stores

Alain
2119, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
here was the origional post

http://www.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=30031&highlight=autostick+one+step

, I did try it but like alain said I was told the TCU was part of the ECU under the hood on my year but its actually behind the radio down near the floorboards I guess.

I just havent had time to try it again I still have a box that looks exactly like the levelten unit and just havent had the time to try it again. Maybe Ill try it again if no one else will but Im really busy with some other projects right now
2120, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
so to test this could u run a wire from the pin for the autostick up to a toggle switch put the car in L then while drivin at like 15 mph flip the switch on for a second then back off and if hte car goes into second we have the autostick software? if so i might try it tomorrow

wut do u think is that all i would really have to do jsut to test to see if we have the software?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
2121, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Originally posted by python6586
so to test this could u run a wire from the pin for the autostick up to a toggle switch put the car in L then while drivin at like 15 mph flip the switch on for a second then back off and if hte car goes into second we have the autostick software? if so i might try it tomorrow wut do u think is that all i would really have to do jsut to test to see if we have the software?

that's about it but I would do it in Drive and not in L first it could be safer first
a toggle switch is really not the best for that
a toggle is usually "bouncy" when you press it it could do 3-4 very short on-off contacts because of internal vibrations inside the switch this could be enought sometimes to screw up a microntroller system like the tcm

better check with your local radio-shack first they may have something more appropriate

Alain
2122, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Has anyone tried calling Chrysler/Dodge to ask em if the tcm in the Eclipse/Avenger/Talon has that software? That would be a good starting point IMO rather than tearing into some wires.
2123, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do you guys think this will add more stress to the tranny?

humm might want to get a tranny gauge but SOMEONE TRY THIS

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

:+ :) :-) x( :-( :( ;-) ;) :o :D }( ;( :P :9 :* :nono :rolleyes :wary :thumbsdown :thumbsup :7 :love :bowdown :shrug :cheers :puke
2124, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
it would add more stress to the tranny because more than likely u will be holding in gear longer therefore more rpms and more heat but i think if u get a tranny cooler and temp guage and monitor it you should be fine. but i might try just runnin a wire the the autostick up pin and when driving in 2nd ill tap the wire to a ground and that should be the same as upshifting right?

Mods:
2125, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
yes that should work just fine, but a trip to radio shack for a switch would be just as easy.

I do know that a member from ASOG got the tranny to upshift and downshift the TCM up on blocks but for some reason never finished it and hooked it up permenently because of some other plans or whatever
2126, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
lets get it going guys! if someone does a writeup... ill do it!
2127, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey mcgyver its like we stepped back in time LOL. I remember when we had this discussion before and I dont think you were the only one who tried it but I think everyone hooked it to the ECU :-). I would be very curious to see if this does work however Im too much of a pussy to try especially after my damn crank bolt disaster. Also I think one of the problems before was that we dont have the pins there in the harness on those locations and you needed to get the pins from the dealer or some other source.
2131, RE: level10 'shiftronic' plug&play? (please god let it work for our cars)
im gonna play around with it on sun. its the first day i have free to work on the car. and im gonna just do somthing simple for now just to test it. if it works then ill go buy the switches and stuff

Mods:
I generated this page in 0.014024972915649 seconds, executing 7 queries.