Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectdifferental ??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=198
198, differental ??
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is there 1 available for our tranny? I was told there wasn't only awd and 5speed n/t.

How about a welded/locked diferental? So both wheels spin together all the time.

Is the above good for cornering though? Straight line. Hell yeah I think.

Can u change the diferental but unbolting it from the tranny without ripping the tranny apart?

What kind is oem in our tranny? lsd or locked or what ever.

What does it take to engage the oem and or lsd diff? How will I know when it is working. Cause If I get stuck in ice the right wheel spins but it will never Change to left or both.

Can u force it?
199, RE: differental ??
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You don't wanna be too mean to the stock differential. I am getting a new transmission as we speak because the pin inside my differential(stock) came loose and shot thru to the casing around the torque converter:) Yayyyy freaking yayyy special ed says.

but yea...very bad for cornering like you said for them to be locked and going together.

Id say just get a "better" differential, something stronger than stock. because what is more fun to you, going straight for 1/4 miles or going 5 miles hauling ass all over country roads:) I know what's more fun to me!

Joseph
201, RE: differental ??
Posted by shybuck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well put. but what kind of diff. would give me the country road results.
208, RE: differental ??
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A Limited Slip Differetial is best for both scenarios. Phantom Grip makes one for the A604. Check this out for more info about how differtials work: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential6.htm
213, RE: differental ??
Posted by WIKKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry:(
you have to crack the trans to get to the diff.
214, RE: differental ??
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Sorry:(
>you have to crack the trans to get to the diff.

Or let it do it itself:(:rolleyes :nono :wary
216, RE: differental ??
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
quaife is the only way to go, not sure if they make one for us but its WAY better than the phantom grip. Much more money but WELL worth it IMO.
I generated this page in 0.0092241764068604 seconds, executing 7 queries.