Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectAT to MT
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1889
1889, AT to MT
Posted by ShadowFur, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where can a get a conver kit for a 95ESi to change it from AT to MT. how much does it cost? I found a 95ESi auto for $2400 with only 132k miles on it and i'm going out to look at it today but its a auto and i wanted a MT so i wanted to convert it the guy at the mitsu dealership told me off and then said your and idiot you can't change a AT talon/eclipse to MT its impossible... i know thats a lie because i've seen it done.
1890, RE: AT to MT
Posted by soldier101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
price varies on where you buy your parts from....there is no "kit" just a list of parts you should buy etc to do the swap....unfortunately im at school right now and my list is on my desktop at the house. When I get home ill find it and post, you could most likely run a search on the boad and find everything you need to know for the job though. Not to mention people that have done the swap that can help you through it
1891, RE: AT to MT
Posted by 95GSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your right when you say they can be switched over. I am currently swapping my 95 eclipse gs from an auto to a 5 speed. Im not really sure if they make kits for this...im just going around and buying the parts but here a list of most of the things youll need to do the swap.
• Clutch/Brake pedal assembly (all the bolts, clips switches)
• Shifter Assembly (all bolts, clips, parts to hold shift boot)
• Shifter Cables
• Drivers Side axle if in good shape
• M/T computer ( to get rid of the A/T 6.5k redline to 7k
• Release fork(boot,clips)
• Master/Slave cylinders (all hoses, valves, bolts, clips)
• M/T mounts (drivers side mount and rear)(AT might work but ns
Also youll need to buy a clutch assembly. You take the flex plate of the torque converter and the new clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel assembly bolt to that. Also Im goign to see if I can pull the AT computer out completely and remove its lines from the wiring harness that goes to the AT. Then remove the cars computer and install a computer out of a 5 speed which will give me 500 more rpm. You can also switch instrument clusters so you have a tach that goes up higher. Im not sure yet how to get the back up lights to work but i will let you know later (im still building my motor)

1892, RE: AT to MT
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a question if you leave the guage cluster in will rpms read wrong because the spacing is different between rpm's or will it just be that it will show redline at 6500 but u can really go to 7000, btw i thought manual redline at 7200???

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
1895, RE: AT to MT
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes red line is 7200 rpm. I am not sure about the tach thing... i believet that ive been told that it will be off ever so slightly.
1896, RE: AT to MT
Posted by soldier101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that when the auto tach reads 6500, that's the same spot as a mt reading 7200? not positive though
1897, RE: AT to MT
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
are you sure about that? the manual tach goes up to 9 instead of 8 . If i remember correctly the 7200 mark on my friends tachs done look like they are near where 6500 mark would be on my tach.

either way im using a shift light as a saffety feature untill i fint a MT tach and speedo with miles close to my own.
1898, RE: AT to MT
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well if you did buy a whole new guage cluster couldnt you change the mileage on the odemeter to read what your car should. i mean if you ever had the cluster out it looks easy enough and i dont think it would be illegal to change that mileage to what ur car really has?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
1900, RE: AT to MT
Posted by ShadowFur, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well it turned out it was a lie. i went to the dealorship and they said that the ad was false and it was $4300 and another guy there bought it as i was leaving. So i went out and got a 91 ESi that is in like new condition and is also an auto. i do notice my oil pressure changes all the time in it when its cold its at normal when it warms up at idle is about 1/8th of and inch above L and when driving its between L and normal then when its in the higher rpms its at normal or a hair above. also it sarts and runs hard till about 3000-3500rpm it quits it sounds like the timing belt jumped a notch or somthing also the timing belt is 20,000 miles over due so i'm taking it in tomarrow to Northtown Mitsubishi to have it changed. i got it for $1600
I generated this page in 0.014470815658569 seconds, executing 7 queries.